Thursday, May 26, 2005

Updates from the Married-Single, Non-Mom Gal's Life

Sorry for the delay in Blogging. Things have been a little hectic around our house recently.

I am happy to report that my little sister and new little Schoeb are doing fine after the possible miscarriage scare!

Zac started 3 new classes this week... Kitchen Management, Speech, and Psychology.

Al (Zac's baby brother) enrolled in AND graduated from The Minnesota School of Bartending. (This also brings on a lengthy Mother-in-Law story to be told at a later date.)

We planted our first garden - herbs of course. Zac is really stoked about using fresh herbs for cooking.

Zac secured another catering gig - a tea party for 30 guests (Mother-in-Law drama included - like you expected otherwise.)

Ex-Husband drama - possible baby Braden out there???

On top of all that I am feeling my own personal unrest. I have been wrestling with feelings of unbalance in my work life. I love my job but HATE the location. Over the past 3 weeks it has taken me over an hour to get into the office and at least an hour an 15 minutes to get home. I just feel like I could be doing something better with my time (and money). Maybe I should be looking for a job closer to home. Maybe I should just stick it out for one more year, after Zac is done with school we hope to relocate anyway. I even feel conflicted when I pray about it. If I am supposed to give my worries up to God and I quietly look to see what's out there, am I really not giving it up? Am I supposed to sit and wait for God to drop something in my life? HELP!!!!! ADVICE PLEASE!!!!

2 comments:

Felecia said...

MOM SAYS:

The Hebrew word for trust means to confide. Once you confide in God you're fine to take a look. I think you've done your part by just talking with him about it (okay, that was my wording). Just be natural with him, says mom. Guidance will happen without you even realizing it.

Mindy said...

For me, I think when I pray I feel totally free to let loose on God (He knows anyway). Scared, confused, disappointed, angry, angry with Him, with situations, with others. I'm not sure if this is what you men, but for me, I think it's impossible to disconnect myself and what I want/think I want and just pray "thy will be done" I've got to let it all hang out (like Karen said, "confide")--and it's what God wants us to do. Afterall, He gave us emotions to begin with, and He desires relationship with us. Often(but not always)when I'm finished praying I do end up feeling reasured that God's got my best in mind and His all-knowing-God plan is always better than my puny-finite-mind plan anyway. SO, there you go, there is my not-so-sagely prayer advice. As far as the job, you've had a lot of big changes in your life with marriage and Zac starting school and all, I think you should allow yourself some time to "let the dust settle a bit" before making any more changes, you know? you deserve a little time to relax a bit and get used to being Mrs. Clegg. :o)
Love you sis!